Thursday, March 23, 2006

This morning I arrived at the abortion clinic at 9 AM. A black man and white woman entered the clinic quickly to avoid Stan. She was very young. Next a station wagon pulled into the parking lot, and Stan started to talk with the women as soon as they stepped out of the car. He tried to get them to go to a crisis pregnancy center. He explained that this clinic is no place for Christians. To avoid walking in front of us, they unsuccessfully tried to enter the clinic through the side door, and then tried the back door which was also locked. The Mexican mother was sobbing, and her daughter bolted towards the front door. Before I said a word, the mother approached me to say that she told her daughter abortion would endanger her life. She cried that she tried to talk her out of an abortion. I added that her daughter's life is not the only life involved. The baby will die. The mother agreed and through her tears said rhetorically, "what can I do." I showed her where to take her daughter (and grandchild) for help. I asked her to just grab her daughter by the hand and pull her out of there. She went inside to be with her daughter and did not come back out. I paced back and forth in front of the door partly talking to Stan and partly to myself. I said how terrible it is for a mother to bring her own child here. Her sweet little daughter. I went on about it. Stan looked right through me with those deep blue eyes and said that it is now in God's hands, it is God's will. He said to remember that we are no better than anyone in that clinic. We began our prayers. I prayed the Chaplet of the Divine Mercy on my knees more fervently....."For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world."

1 comment:

Nick said...

Great journal. You're doing holy and wonderful work - keep it up!!

I look forward to future entries.

I am praying for you.